Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Kabobs


What better way to get your veggies and protein than kabobs? You've got easy portions that you can divide up between lunch and dinner and you only need 1 pan to do the cooking job for you. I don't have a grill so I have to use my boiler. Personally I prefer to do veggie kabobs and chicken kabobs so the cooking process is even for what I'm making. I prefer my veggies to be a little crisp when I eat them and cooking them separate from the chicken ensures this for me. For these kabobs I used my Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce. It was my first time making and using this teriyaki sauce and it was delicious. It marinated the chicken perfectly and gave the veggies an extra flavor kick. I have a feeling I'll be serving this up on a regular basis over the summer!


























Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Kabobs
1 Chicken Breast, cut into cubes
1 Zucchini
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Red Onion
1/2 Can Pineapple Rings
Juice from Can of Pineapple
1/3 Cup Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce, for chicken marinade
1/4 Cup Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce, for veggies

Marinate chicken in the juice from the pineapple rings and 1/3 cup pineapple teriyaki sauce for a few hours. I marinated mine for about 6 hours. While marinating the chicken, soak wooden skewers in water. When you're ready to cook the skewers, cut all the veggies and pineapple into similar size pieces. Put all pieces into a bowl and add in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. Let the veggie marinate while the chicken is cooking. Preheat your oven's broiler and put chicken pieces onto wooden skewers. Place on a broiler rack and cook for 7 minutes on each side. Add more of the teriyaki sauce if you'd like. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Thread the veggies onto wooden skewers and place under the broiler until they start to brown, about 5 minutes. Flip the skewers and cook another 5 minutes. Eat and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment