Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce

Marinades and sauces are great way to enhance and develop flavors of a dish. I typically use a simple oil, lemon juice based marinade with varying fresh herbs, and a dash of mustard. I'll marinade my protein and use the remaining liquid as a sauce for continue flavoring of my dish. This week I decided to try something different and make my own teriyaki sauce. I've never been a big fan of bottled versions and I was surprised at how easy it was to make my own teriyaki sauce. I added the pineapple for some sweetness without having to add too much sugar to the sauce. It will be great to play around with different dishes to use this with. First up will be pineapple teriyaki chicken kabobs! Check back for the recipe. 




Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce 
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons of Fresh Ginger, minced
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Soy Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Cup Crushed Pineapple
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
Sriracha to Taste

Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Store in an airtight container until you're ready to use. I like to let this sit a few days before using it. The flavors become more vibrant and intense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment