Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Parmesan and Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries


Out of all the foods I love my all-time favorite food is French fries! There is something decadently addictive about the hot, steamy, crispy, crunchy, salty side dish that I can't get enough of. I could eat them everyday and when I need some food comfort, they are what I gravitate towards 9 times out of 10. These sweet potato fires are an elevated treat that I like to make when I'm craving a salty snack that  is delicious and healthy!



Parmesan and Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries 
1 Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Power
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper
1/4 Cup Shaved or Grated Parmesan
1 Teaspoon Rosemary, chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice the sweet potato into your desired shape. I prefer more of a steak fry cut. In a bowl combine the sweet potato, salt, and onion and garlic powder. Toss to coat. Transfer sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn on the broiler. Broil the fries until they start to brown to your desired crispness. Once the fries are done, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, fresh rosemary, pepper and a little salt. Serve with any extra cheese and fresh rosemary and your favorite dipping sauce. I used the cherry mustard sauce from my Lemon Rosemary Pork recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment