Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pepperoni Chicken Roll-Ups

I LOVE food and will eat just about anything but I know there are still picky eaters out there. I have one friend who will ask me for recipe advice from time to time but this friend is the pickiest eater I've ever met! Most of the suggestions I give are not included on the small list of items he eats so I'm usually at a loss for what to suggest. Until now! My Pepperoni Chicken Roll-Ups are a combo of Pizza and Chicken Parmesan- two dishes he will eat. The flavors are basic enough for a picky eater yet perfect for your foodie friends.




Pepperoni Chicken Roll-Ups
2 Chicken Breasts
8 Slices of Deli Pepperoni
1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Salt to Taste
Dried Oregano to Taste
Red Pepper Flakes to Taste
1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Pasta Sauce
8-12 Toothpicks

Start by slicing the chicken in half lengthwise and pounding it thin. Set aside. Combine the three cheeses with the garlic salt, oregano and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. These are the seasonings that I put on my pizza so add as little or as much as you'd like. Top each piece of chicken with the cheese mixture followed by 2 slices of pepperoni per slice of chicken. Next cover the pepperoni with some pasta sauce. You may have extra of the sauce or cheese. It really depends on the size of the chicken. Roll the chicken and secure with toothpicks. Don't worry if some of the filling is seeping out of the sides. Sprinkle the tops of the chicken with with breadcrumbs and pat to adhere. Place in a baking dish and cook for 25-30 minutes, until chicken  is done. Serve with your favorite vegetable and extra pasta sauce on top or on the side if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment