Sunday, June 2, 2013

Grilled Flank Steak

This weekend I expanded my grilling experience to flank steak! It's one of my favorite cuts of beef and I've cooked it for years under the broiler because I was nervous I'd burn it on the grill. Since these are larger cuts of beef I wanted to do a simple marinade since I'd be eating this for a few meals. It turned out really well. Juicy and flavorful and it lends itself nicely to a variety of sauces. It's great as is for dinner or thinly sliced for appetizers and salads. 




Grilled Flank Steak 
1 Lb Flank Steak
1 Large Garlic Clove
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
Few Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
Pepper and Salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bag and marinate flank steak for 2-6 hours. When you're ready to cook, heat the grill. High heat on one side, medium heat on the other. Sear each side of the meat for 2 minutes on the high heat side. Transfer meat to the medium heated side of the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side. For medium you'll want an internal temperature of 155-160 degrees. Cook the steak a little longer if you prefer to have it more well done. Once the steak is cooked, remove from the grill and let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy! 







2 comments:

  1. I'm a poor apartment dweller, so no grill. ::sad:: You mentioned you've done this under the broiler in the past. Any suggestions on how to do it that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! I too am an apartment dweller! I just use the grill at my mom's when I can! Season the same and put the steak on a broil pan. You'll want to broil for about 5-7 minutes on each side, depending on the level of "doneness" you prefer. How high you have the pan will also dictate the cooking time. I don't usually put mine on the top rack since it tends to burn.

      Delete