Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pea, Pesto, Sausage Pasta Salad

With cookout season just beginning it's time to starting putting together some new recipes that I can share with my friends and family. This past weekend I decided to make my Lemon Pesto Pasta Salad with an updated twist. I decided to take the base of the pasta salad and update it with peas and sliced Italian sausage. It was a crowd favorite at the last cookout I was at and I've been enjoying the leftover for lunch. This can even double as a dinner if you want to serve it hot. 







Pea, Pesto, Sausage Pasta Salad
1 Box of Pasta, shape of your choice
2 Cups of Peas
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Pesto
Zest of Two Lemons
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt and Pepper
1 Package of Precooked Italian Chicken Sausage

Cook the pasta to al dente. Set aside until ready to use. Slice the sausage into 1/4 inch thick slices and brown in a pan. Set Aside until ready to use. In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, pesto, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Toss in the pasta, peas, and sausage. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until you're ready to eat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment