Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Raspberry Vinaigrette

I've been enjoying my Roasted Vegetable Salad with Balsamic Shrimp for lunch a lot lately so I wanted to change it up a bit. I really LOVE roasted vegetables in my salad so I decided I'd make a different dressing to update my meal. I came up with a Raspberry Vinaigrette! I'm not a big fan of this style dressing when it's from a bottle and never really thought of making my own until I had a homemade version at a baby shower. I was really surprised with how delicious it was. It's a lot thicker than any dressing I've seen in the store. I prefer my dressings to be tangy so if you like more sweetness just add more honey or some sugar. I'll be pairing this dressing with my Lemon Parsley Grilled Chicken to have in salads with roasted vegetables and sliced strawberries.



Raspberry Vinaigrette
1 Cup Raspberries
2/3 Cup Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Clove of Garlic
2 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 Cup Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or a container for an immersion blender. Blend until everything is combined. Taste, adjust flavors if necessary. You may need to add more water depending on how thick you like your salad dressing. This will be great on salad, chicken, even raw vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment