Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes with Italian Truffle Oil

My very dear friend Tina just got back from a vacation in Italy- jealous right?! - and brought me back Truffle Olive Oil! It's so good to have friends who feed into my food obsession! Pun very much intended. I've had two experiences with "truffle flavorings" before and was NOT a fan of them. But I knew those were most likely imitation truffle flavorings so I was genuinely excited to try this oil. One because it was from Italy and Two- I could see the tiny sliver of truffle that was in the bottle so I knew it was real! I wanted to try the oil for the first time in a pretty standard way so I grabbed the baby potatoes I had on hand and roasted them with some rosemary. After the potatoes were fork tender I drizzled them with the truffle oil and finished with some flecks of sea salt. They were delicious! The flavor of the truffle was so savory and mouthwatering that I could only crave more. It completely turned a basic recipe into something special!





Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
with Italian Truffle Oil

1 Lb Baby Potatoes, halved
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Rosemary
Salt and Pepper
Truffle Olive Oil
Fresh Parsley, for garnish


Toss the halved potatoes in the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a foil lined baking sheet and roast at 450 degrees until fork tender. When the potatoes are done, put in a large bowl and drizzle with truffle olive oil. Season with a little more salt and fresh parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment