Monday, August 5, 2013

BBQ Succotash

This weekend I found my kitchen well stocked with sweet summer corn. I had a great coupon so I stocked up! Instead of just eating corn on the cob with my bounty I made a BBQ Succotash! Inspired from a side dish at a had a few years ago this is a great side dish for all your summer grilling dishes! 





BBQ Succotash
4 Ears of Fresh Corn
16 Ounces Baby Lima Beans
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Jalapeno, diced
1 Medium Red Onion, diced
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
3 Tablespoons Sherry
2 Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
Salt and Pepper

Cut off the kernels from the 4 ears of corn and set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium/high heat. Add the vegetables and saute about 10 minutes, stirring as needed. After the vegetables start to soften, season liberally with salt and pepper. I feel you need to use more to help season the lima beans. Stir to combine. Add in the BBQ Sauce and stir to incorporate. Continue to cook until the BBQ sauce starts to stick to the bottom of the pan. Add in the Sherry and Sherry Vinegar. Scrap the bottom of the pan to pick up all the browned bits. Continue to cook until the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in chopped basil and you're ready to serve! You can serve this dish hot or cold. 






No comments:

Post a Comment