Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blackening Seasoning

This past weekend was my Uncles Birthday and since he loves BBQ and spice I decided to give him some of my blackening seasoning! I've been using it a lot for the past two weeks on various recipes and knew he'd really like the flavor that it gives dishes. I used 4 ounce jelly canning cards to package the spice blend and created my own label! Since we were celebrating at my Grandparents I even made them a special jar that didn't have any cayenne in it since they don't like spicy food. My uncle loves as much heat as he can get so I made him my classic blend and an extra hot version! 



Blackening Seasoning 
2 Tablespoon Paprika
Tablespoon Black Pepper
Tablespoon Chili Powder
Tablespoon Kosher Salt
Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
Tablespoon Dried Oregano
1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme
Tablespoon Onion Powder
Tablespoon Garlic Powder

Combine all the spices in a bowl and stir to combine. This recipe made 2 full 4 ounce jelly canning Jars. The recipe is a 2-1 ratio so it's very easy to make this as a single recipe or a extra large batch! 

1 comment: