Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Roasted Balsamic Veggie Salad with Apples

Last night I decided to use my small stock pile of leftovers and reuse them for dinner. I had chicken, zucchini and an onion, corn and red pepper relish. I decided to combine my leftovers and mix in some balsamic vinegar. I put everything under the broiler to roast. As my leftovers were cooking I grabbed some salad and apples. I also put together a quick Greek style dressing. Once my leftover medley was cooked I topped my salad with apples with the mixture and lighted dressed it. It turned out really well and it felt like I had a new meal and not just a compilation of previous meals. The apples added a nice burst of freshness. I think I may make it a weekly challange to see how creative I can get with my leftovers now!





Quick Greek Dressing

1 Cup Olive Oil
1 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
2 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons Pepper
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
Juice of 1 Lemon

Combine all ingridents and shake to combine.



No comments:

Post a Comment