Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Creamy Old Bay Buffalo Chicken

I've been craving buffalo chicken and crap dip lately. There is just something about the creamy goodness of those dishes paired with the cooler weather that's really been making my taste buds swoon. Last night I got home starving and needed to make a quick dinner from the few ingredients that I had on hand. Lucky for me, it just so happened that I could play around with these two dishes. I had some tequila lime chicken that I cooked up on Sunday so I have something to eat during the week, and some leftover buffalo chicken dip ingredients from a tailgating recipe I made last Ravens home game. I fully understand that the dish looks gross, but boy did it taste good! It really hit the spot and I enjoyed it so much I made a second batch for my lunch.


Creamy Old Bay Buffalo Chicken
4 Ounces Cooked Chicken, diced small
1/2 Zucchini-diced small
2 Ounces Lite Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon Lite Blue Cheese Dressing
1 Teaspoon Hot Buffalo Sauce
**Recipe makes 2 Servings 230 calories per serving**







Start by melting the cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and buffalo sauce into a pan.



Next, stir in the chicken and zucchini. You can omit the zucchini but I wanted to bulk up the dish. Cook until chicken is warmed through- about 5 minutes. Next top with Old Bay to give the dish the essence of crab dip. Serve and Enjoy!


I ate my dish with crackers but I wished I had celery and carrots on hand. It would be great in a taco or salad as well. I only had hot buffalo sauce on hand so you may want to adjust that quantity depending on your heat preferences.



No comments:

Post a Comment