Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Shrimp Old Bay Stir Fry

When I'm looking for a quick and easy dinner/lunch a favorite go-to for me is my Old Bay Stir Fry. I created this recipe as a play on a dish I had at a work event. It's quick, easy and very adaptable. I've only made mine with onion, zucchini and carrots but any vegetable will work nicely. I LOVE shrimp so it's my favorite protein in this dish. I have used chicken and it was good but I still prefer using shrimp.

Shrimp Old Bay Stir Fry
Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion, Diced

1 Large Zucchini, Diced
3 Large Carrots, Diced
1 Lb Shrimp, Peeled.
Old Bay, to taste
Juice of Half a Lemon

Start by heating olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute carrots, zucchini and onions until vegetables are starting to soften- about 5 minutes.  Add peeled shrimp to the skillet and cook through. Add Old Bay to taste. I'm from Baltimore so there is no such thing as too much Old Bay. Stir to combine. Add juice of half a lemon and cook until the juice is evaporated. Make sure to scrap any bits from the bottom of the pan. Serve and Enjoy!

I usually get 2-4 servings out of this. It depends on how hungry I am and if I pair this with anything else.




No comments:

Post a Comment