Monday, November 26, 2012

Gorgonzola, Cranberry Brussels Sprouts

Thanksgiving with my family is about carbs. Most items on our table are a lovely shade of cream, beige, tan or a combo of the three. It's a carb lovers dream! This year, I decided to add a little green into the mix with my gorgonzola, cranberry Brussels sprouts. It's a great fall side dish that mixed well on our holiday table but it simple enough for a weeknight meal. I've experimented with Brussels sprouts enough that I don't really have exact measurements but this recipe it simple enough that you don't need them.

Gorgonzola, Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts- halved

Dried Cranberries
Gorgonzola Cheese
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Start by sauteing the sprouts in olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook until the sprouts start to turn golden brown. Next add the dried cranberries. I love the sweet note they add to the dish so I'm a little heavy handed with them. Continue to cook until the sprouts are a deeper golden brown. Remove the sprouts and cranberries from the pan and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the gorgonzola cheese on top of the hot mixture and stir to incorporate. You can do this step in the pan but it makes for longer clean up. Once the cheese is melted into the sprouts, you're ready to eat! This dish can be made in advance but I recommend eating it the day you make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment