Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tomato Balsamic Chicken



I can honestly say that I still surprise myself with some of the dishes I come up with. Last night I did just that! I had a few ingredients in the fridge and was coming off a craving for mozzarella caprese. I used what I had to create a pretty delicious dinner- one that really tantalized my taste buds. I have never been a fan of chunky tomato sauces so I've never tried making a pan tomato sauce. I'm kicking myself for this! The sauce alone was delicious!






Tomato Balsamic Chicken
1 LB chicken- I used thin cut
Salt
Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
1/2 Cup White Wine
Fresh Tomatoes Quartered- I used 1 pack of Campari
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Fresh Basil
Season both sides of chicken with S&P, onion and garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Sautee until golden brown on both sides. Set aside. Add the fresh tomatoes to the pan and let cook down about 5 minutes. When you start to notice some of the tomatoes cook down, add the white wine. Cook until most of the wine is gone. Add in 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar and remaining wine. Cook until the tomatoes sauce it fairly thick. Stir in chopped basil and combine. Add the cooked chicken and juiced back into the pan and cook about 5 minutes. I served my chicken with zucchini but this dish would pair nicely with pasta. I would recommend increasing the amount of sauce you make. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment