Thursday, February 7, 2013

Potato, Zucchini, Corn Salad with a Spicy Pesto, Sesame and Lime Dressing

I don't know about you but lately I've been ravenous around lunch time. Work's been really busy so I've been running around a lot more than usual so I'll attribute my unending midday appetite to that. So instead of coming home to another bowl of cereal I decided to create a light and refreshing "salad" in its place. I used zucchini as the base since it's my favorite vegetable and left my sesame oil on the counter so that additional wasn't in my original thought for the recipe.  

Potato, Zucchini, Corn Salad with a Spicy Pesto, Sesame and Lime Dressing

1 Medium Zucchini, diced
1/4 Red Onion, diced
1 Red Potato, diced
2/3 Cup Corn, thawed
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Pesto
Juice of 1 Lime
1/8 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/4-1/2 Teaspoon of Sriracha
1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
Pinch of Kosher Salt
Pepper to Taste

Steam the chopped potato until fork tender. I have a microwave steamer so it takes about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool. Combine mayonnaise, pesto, lime juice, sesame oil, sriracha, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Combine dressing with zucchini, corn, onion, potato and parsley. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavor to blend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment