Monday, February 18, 2013

Honey Buffalo Shrimp Tacos

I had some leftover shrimp from a previous recipes on hand and since I was already planning on having tacos for dinner later in the week I figured I'd use what I had on hand to make a quick dinner- honey buffalo shrimp tacos. Buffalo shrimp is tastier to me than buffalo chicken, plus I had everything I needed for a the sweet spicy meal. The buffalo sauce I have is HOT and even though I like spicy foods I find this to be a little too spicy for me so I added some honey to mellow out the heat. The results were a sticky sweet and spicy combo that paired very nicely with the Gorgonzola cheese and sauteed veggies. This may have started out as a last minute throw together meal but I will be making a point to make it again soon. 

Honey Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
4 Ounces Shrimp, raw
2 Stalks of Celery, diced
1 Large Carrot, peel and diced
1 Ounce Gorgonzola Cheese
1 Teaspoon Buffalo Sauce
1 Teaspoon Honey
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
2 Flour Tortillas
Cilantro
Lettuce

Start by cutting the raw shrimp into bite size pieces, set aside. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat in a small pan and saute the celery and carrots until its slightly softened and heated through. Place in a small bowl and stir in half the Gorgonzola cheese until melted. Heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil in the pan and saute shrimp until cooked, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in honey and buffalo sauce until everything is combined. Top each tortilla with lettuce, shrimp, carrots and celery, and remaining cheese. Add cilantro if desired. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment