Monday, March 18, 2013

Greek Naan Flat Bread

I was invited to a small bites dinner party over the weekend and was asked to bring a dish to share. The house where the party was being held had a very small kitchen so I knew I wouldn't be able to make anything too complicated and I really didn't want to bring a crock pot dish. What I settled on was one of my favorite go-to appetizers- flat bread. Naan flat bread to be exact. I always have a pack of Trader Joe's Naan in my freezer and they are perfect for an easy appetizer or a pizza for one. The topping possibilities are endless so you can really make this your own and please everyone! For this party I decided to make a Greek flat bread, based off of a dinner I had with a friend earlier in the week. The spiciness of the Peperoncini and saltiness of the feta cheese really created a mouth watering meal that translated deliciously into this appetizer.





Greek Naan Flat Bread
1 Package of Trader Joe's Naan- 4 pieces per pack
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4 Ounces Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/4 Red Onion, sliced
1/2-1 Cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and diced
1/2 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
4 Peperoncini Peppers, sliced, seeds removed
1 Cup Pizza Sauce
Dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees. Arrange the frozen Naan on a metal cookie sheet and top with pizza sauce. Season with oregano, salt and pepper Next, add the mozzarella cheese, red onion, cherry tomatoes, peperoncini's and olives to each piece of Naan. Feel free to add/reduce the amounts as you like. Finish each piece off by topping the Naan with the crumbed feta cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes. You'll want the feta to start to melt. You can serve these whole if you're having this for dinner or cut the Naan and arrange on a serving dish as an appetizer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment