Monday, January 28, 2013

Lemon Pesto Pasta Salad

I have a potluck happy hour that I'm going to this week and instead of a dessert, dip or typical appetizer I decided to make my lemon pesto pasta salad. I made this dish as a picnic item for a wine event that I went to with a friend of mine and it was a big hit. We even shared our plethora of food with a guy next to us and a week later I received a thank you card in the mail at work! It's great for the summer and I'll make it a lot for an easy lunch. 

Lemon Pesto Chicken
1 LB Pasta- I like farfalle
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Pesto
Zest of 2 Lemons
Juice of 1 Lemon
16 oz Mozzarella Cheese, diced

Cook pasta per directions on the box. While pasta is cooking combine mayonnaise, pesto, lemon zest and juice. Whisk all ingredients together. Once pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in cold water. Combine pasta with pesto sauce and diced mozzarella cheese. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. 

I have also added diced chicken and diced raw zucchini to this dish to bulk it up for an easy dinner. It's such a basic recipe you can really experiment with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment