Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sage and Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken

Man oh man! I think I blinked and June was over! I've had some seriously busy weeks lately and when I've cooked I haven't had the time to photograph anything. On top of my busy schedule I've been in a serious food rut! My mind would just draw a blank when I would think of what I wanted to eat/cook-- until yesterday! I drew some food inspiration from a recipe I saw and per my usual made it my way! It was delicious! I love the flavors of fall and that's exactly what I got from this dish. It was very quick and easy. The look of the sage under the prosciutto is very elegant that this is a great meal to keep in your back pocket when you need to impress someone!  




Sage and Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken 
2 Chicken Breasts, Sliced in half and pounded thin
6 Slices of Prosciutto
12 Sage Leaves
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Shallots, diced
1/2 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Cornstarch 

Start by assembling the chicken. Once it is pounded thin, place 3 sage leaves on each piece of chicken. Fold over a slice of prosciutto per piece. Some of the pieces may need more than one slice. Set aside. Gather your remaining ingredients and combine the chicken stock, lemon juice and cornstarch in a measuring cup. Whisk together and set aside. This recipe cooks up very quickly so it's best to have everything you need close by. 

Next, heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the hot skillet with the sage and prosciutto side down. Cook for about 3 minutes and then flip to cook another 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Once chicken is done, remove from the skillet and set aside. 

Add the butter and shallots to the pan and cook until the butter starts to brown. As soon as it starts to brown add in the stock, lemon and cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Stir until the sauce slightly thickens. 

To serve, place the chicken on a large platter and stop with the pan sauce. You may need to add some salt depending on the prosciutto. I served this with roasted carrots and asparagus but it would go well with pasta. Enjoy!  




No comments:

Post a Comment