Monday, November 2, 2015

Citrus Pork Tacos

Tonight I found myself with a fridge full of taco toppings left over from fajitas I made for a football tailgate. Not wanting to have the same tastes as I ate yesterday, I decided to take some pork and make a simple citrus marinade to brighten up my night. I only had boneless center cut pork chops so I wasn't able to do a carnita style taco. Instead I cut the pork into small bite size pieces that I sauteed and topped with my leftover toppings. The flavor was vibrant and bright and made me feel I was eating a new dish. It's the perfect dish to try and liven up your taco night! 






Citrus Pork Tacos

Juice of 1 Lime
Juice of 2 Tangerines
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
5-6 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
3-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Lb Center Cut Boneless Pork Chops


Trim and dice the pork. Place in a large bag. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour into the bag. Allow to marinade 30 minutes. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pour in the pork and marinade. Saute until the pork is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove the pork and continue cooking the marinade until it's reduced by half. Add the pork back in the pan and continue cooking until the pork is crispy and the marinade has been absorbed. Serve with flour or corn tortillas and top with your favorite taco accompaniments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment