Monday, March 16, 2015

Maple Mustard Seared Salmon

Quick no recipe recipes are my favorite for nights when I get home starving and just want to sit down to a nice hot meal. Tonight I decided on salmon and grabbed some whole grain mustard, maple syrup and orange marmalade. In about 15 minutes my dinner was on my plate and ready to be eaten. The sweetness of the maple syrup and tang of the mustard pair deliciously with the seared salmon. I paired the fish with my savory rosemary mashed sweet potatoes and had a delicious and filling meal.





Maple Mustard Seared Salmon

1 Large filet of Salmon- enough to feed 2
1/4 Cup Whole Grain Mustard
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Orange Marmalade
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Olive Oil

Season the salmon filet with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cut into 2 portions. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, syrup, marmalade, vinegar, salt and pepper. Using a fork, stir to combine. Top each filet with 1 kitchen teaspoon of the sauce. 







When ready to cook, Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the salmon, skin side up until the salmon and sauce are golden brown. Watch carefully so it doesn't get too dark Flip and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes. Add in a little water and cover to steam the salmon until the water is almost evaporated. Uncover and top the filet's with half of the remaining sauce. Allow the sauce to cook and spoon over the tops of the salmon. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes, or until ready to eat. Allow to steam longer if you prefer your fish fully cooked. I paired my fish with savory mashed sweet potatoes and green beans on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment