Thursday, June 5, 2014

CSA Box Dinner

I’m finally back to cooking! The kitchen is almost 100% complete but since I’m still waiting for a few things to get finished up I will be keeping the look a secret until everything is finished. Regardless I’ve been cooking up a storm and LOVE cooking in my kitchen. There is just something about being in a space that I’ve designed that makes cooking there a little sweeter. I’ve also started cooking a little differently. I get a CSA box every week and create the recipes that pair with each box offering for my company. This means I get to create 3-4 recipes a week and it really gets my culinary creative juices flowing! It also means, I get to try my recipes out- so I’ll be able to post more often. Last night I created a delicious meal from my box and a few extra items I got from the grocery store. I was extremely impressed with how everything turned out. Plus it was easy and quick to make. These dishes are great for lunch or dinner and would be a great item to take to your next cookout for picnic!




Broccoli with Red Pepper, Walnut and Feta Cheese Crumble 
1 Head of Broccoli
1 Red Pepper, diced
1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
1 Cup Feta Cheese
Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
1-2 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste 

Cut broccoli into small florets. Steam until fork tender. You’ll want it to be a little crisp. Season with salt. Let cool. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and combine. Stir in the cooked and cooled broccoli and serve cold or at room temperature.

Shaved Asparagus and Brussels Sprout Salad 

1 Bunch of Asparagus
1 LB Brussels Sprouts
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Trim the ends of the asparagus. With a vegetable peeler shave off long lengths of asparagus. Set aside. Depending on your peeler you may need to do the last few shaved pieces with a sharp knife. Cut the Brussels sprouts into thin slivers and toss with the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. In a large jar combine the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Shake until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if need be. I prefer a tangy dressing so add more olive oil if you like a milder flavor. Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine. This salad will stand up to the dressing so you can prepare it in advance as it won’t get soggy. Enjoy!


Sautéed Shrimp with Olive Oil, Lemon, Red Pepper Flakes, Garlic and Parsley  
1 LB Shrimp, peeled
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Juice from half a lemon
1 Clove of garlic
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper

Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the shrimp and sauté until cooked through. About 3-5 minutes. Finish with a little extra parsley. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment